Working with users involves some real skill. Experienced facilitators will tell you, though, that users are nothing compared to the people behind the glass – the observers.
This very experienced panel will go over some handy tips and tricks you can give your observers to help turn them into to a valuable resource and true partner.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Developing an appreciation for your observers
- Motivating them to attend tests
- Getting them to pay attention
- Helping them interpret what they’re seeing
- Giving them some structure (for example, through a standard method of note taking)
- Getting them to focus on the big picture
- Preparing them to handle unexpected findings
- Helping them be less defensive
- Warning them against “solution-jumping”
- Getting the most out of them in debriefs
- Training and preparing them to be better observers
And, of course, there will be plenty of time for questions.